Re: Athyrium color??

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] Athyrium color??
  • From: "Marge Talt" mtalt@hort.net
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 02:50:52 -0400

Thanks, Judith.  I was wondering about this, myself, as I have
acquired a few variations on that theme and most seem to not be a lot
different than 'Pictum' - one is larger; can't remember which right
now - taller and more erect, but colors all seem similar.  Of course,
I am not growing them in a  line for comparison, but let's just say
I'm not seeing enough striking variation to make the different clones
jump out from their locations in the garden:-)  All are as lovely as
'Pictum' and I enjoy them, but as I watched them this year, I did
wonder why I wasn't seeing something different enough so I didn't
have to keep unearthing the tag to see what I was looking at.  Your
explanation answers my mental questions...

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :