Re: Staghorn ferns

Doret Vermeulen wrote:

> Maybe I should just forget about this collecting business.  Our currency are
> in any case so poor against that of the other world currencies.
> This fernhobby can get so frustrating at times that sometimes I just feel
> like giving up everything all together.

In dealing with bureaucrats it's necessary to find out how to get them
to do what you want them to do.  Macchiavelli has a lot of useful
advice!  (I speak here as an ex-bureaucrat - even I had a difficult time
dealing with some bureaucrats, and I knew how the system worked!)

Don't give up.  Ferning is a vocation that requires endless patience.
For instance, here, waiting for the ferns to grow back after virtually
the entire Capital Territory was burned to a crisp last January...
Curiously, some of the first green to be seen among the ashes were
Dicksonia tree ferns in the mountain gullies.

The LA fires have an all too familiar look to them.

David Nicholls
Nicholls Communications
How it used to be before the fires: