Re: Staghorns

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] Staghorns
  • From: "Doret Vermeulen" cfa@mweb.com.na
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 09:28:03 +0200

Hi Everyone

Thanks for all the information and suggestions.

I do not have the right growing conditions to grow from spore.

A year ago Keith from Australia sent me a lot of spore I tried it doing
everything according to book it is a year later and nothing happened I guess
it got too warm where they were standing that was in the little green house
that we no longer have.

Spore are always an option but in this case not for me. What I have heard
from people who tried it in South Africa the success rate is not very high.

I talked to another guy from South Africa who is actually an big exporter of
orchids and he has the right conditions and he said he had given up trying.

Maybe LADY LUCK will come by one of these days.

Doret