Charles Alford - staghorns

  • Subject: [ferns] Charles Alford - staghorns
  • From: "Brian Swale" bj@caverock.net.nz
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 09:07:04 +1300

Hello Doret

I think you missed the message; in the southern hemisphere you may need
a *Southern*  window for fern spore germination.  They need good light,
humidity, but not the excessive heat and dessication from the direct rays of
the sun.

Actually, any well-illuminated spot out of the direct path of sun-rays will
probably do.

Contrary to popular belief, they do not need to share a house with people
If you have a garage or garden shed with a shelf and the desired light levels,
they may succeed.

Brian Swale