From: owner-ferns@hort.net [mailto:owner-ferns@hort.net] On Behalf Of
Jolanda
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2007 12:44 AM
To: ferns@hort.net
Subject: [ferns] Polypodium fallax

Hi Fernatics,

I obtained a fern called "Polypodium fallax", which the previous owner
grew from spores. On the Net, I found photographs, corresponding with my
plant. However, I cannot find this name in my fern books. Is this a
sales name, or the true botanical name? Are there other synonyms for
this fern? The grower said that some of his sporelings did not have the
crested appearance. Did they go back to the original form of the plant
and what would the name of the 'uncrested' form be?

Frondly regards

Jolanda