RE: Polypodium fallax

Hi Guys

The Fern Society of South Australia website
http://users.chariot.net.au/~saufern/index.htm
the background is as follows with additions.

Betty's Polypodium from South America - Polypodium attenuata

Originally found in South America by a now unknown member of the American
Fern Society in the late 80s. He collected spore and sent to a collector in
South Africa, Jimmy punter, who then sent some to our member in Adelaide,
Betty Weaver.

Betty Weaver grew it successfully and the spore was supplied for others
around the world.

After a while Betty was informed it was P. falax, so that name stuck for a
few years.  I tried to ID P. falax, but I now believe that P. falax is a
simple small pinnuled creeping epiphyte fern.

In 1999 the fern was available in supermarkets in Sao Paula in Brazil.

As it appeared to be un-named, a botanist in Florida named it P. attenuata.

More about our sites.
Should you look at the above website it is in the process of modernization?
My own website "Keith's Fern Page' is temp non-existent after 12 years, as
the server merged and is trying to get his money back quickly! so I need to
reduce its size and upload it to another server. Unfortunately only able to
do comp work for a couple of hours a day these days.

Keith Rogers
Mannum South Australia