Re: Polypodium fallax

  • Subject: Re: Polypodium fallax
  • From: "Jennifer M Ide" <jmide@btinternet.com>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 15:16:41 -0000

My Stearn 'Botanical Latin' explains Fallax as meaning deceptive, fallacious,
cf decipiens,  which means deceptive and is usually used of a species which
closely resembles another. Presumably, in this case, it is resembling another
cultivar. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the snail warning, Kent.

Jennifer Ide