Re: Brown Scale on ferns

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] Brown Scale on ferns
  • From: "Louis Chinnery" <lec@caribnet.net>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 22:19:17 -0400

The young of scales are called 'crawlers'. They walk/crawl around freely
unlike their big attached mothers.

They may get into sheltered places on the plant where your chemical(s) isn't
going or even into the pot and any other plants growing in it.

They are also dispersed on wind currents, do you have any fans?

Louis Chinnery
UWI, Barbados