Re: Brown Scale on ferns

	Bob, you don't have to wonder about the horrid suckers, you can point
a warm to hot light at the adults, they are reputedly sedentary, and
with your loupe watch them pick up their skirts and head for cooler
climes!  In fact, it is a horrifying show.  Then there is the mobility
of the crawlers, which I'll bet is a lot greater than you might
imagine.  They are nothing except a little blob of body, antennae and
long, long legs.  They would be great airfoils, as Louis suggests.
	There is an insecticide called icpricorde (not spelled right - I'll
check in morning) that is a root absorbed systemic, and will kill any
bug that eats the the tissues of a plant that has been treated with it.
  It is found in a rose food made by Bayer, along with a systemic
fungicide, and as the sole active ingredient in GrubX to treat lawns
for ......TADA.......grubs.   Probably other products as well.  Anyway,
I am going to treat my houseplants while it is still warm here, and try
to clear all the fungus gnats out while I have the chance.  My guess is
that it will do a number on scale, too.  The treatment should last for
a week or more, and one would hope that the various chewing and sucking
pests would come out in that time, and if not  a second treatment
should do the trick.    Has anyone else tried this stuff?

Betty in South Bend IN,
where summer was long and mild, and the fall is just around the corner!