From: owner-ferns@hort.net [mailto:owner-ferns@hort.net] On Behalf Of
Jan Jddeloh
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 11:31 PM
To: ferns@hort.net
Subject: RE: [ferns] Constructing a greenhouse

I have a greenhouse of twin wall polycarbonate.  The long side faces
west
(no choice but to use this layout on our property) and it gets REALLY
hot in
late spring and summer.  And yes, it has vents.  I empty it out about
July
because it gets so hot. I don't think double glazing would make it
cooler;
if anything it would make it hotter in my experience.

Jan Jeddeloh in Portland, Oregon, USA where it really doesn't get all
that
hot

http://www.hort.net/funds/

http://www.hort.net/funds/