I live here in Memphis and I have a clear roof enclosed greenhouse and
have little problem growing in the summer in the greenhouse. I have had
it since 1978,. While nature has added some shading from foliage in the
summer, cool cells and exhaust fans have done the job admirably. There
have been summers where I did not have the cool cells working and have
survived quite well. I added a few years ago, a rather inexpensive mist
system that goes off for 10 minutes 6 times a day, summer and winter,
and it has made a great difference to the plants. Most love it and of
course, there are those that now and then say too much water. Happens to
the best of us. The tropical ferns tend to love it. It is 20' x 48'.

I learned a long time ago, a bit of ingenuity and patience can often
solve or lesson a problem. The cool cells even with our high humidity
help a great deal. The exhaust fans obviously make that more efficient.
I replaced an old exhaust fan that was not working at prime last summer
and it made a huge difference. I added the mist system and was amazed
how much that helped with the cooling and the growing. The thin layer of
moisture on the leaves, quickly evaporating and cooling the plants and
the atmosphere, added a new dimension to the success rate. I also have a
circulating jet fan that keeps the air moving summer and winter.
Now all of this said, a small greenhouse and lots of equipment gets very
expensive for the space. It might be good to take the plants out in the
summer. The problem there is taking them back in and slugs and snails
and bugs............ Always some challenge to deal with.