Re: (ferns) hot-houses etc and keeping excessive heat out

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] (ferns) hot-houses etc and keeping excessive heat out
  • From: "Deep Roots Nursery" <drew@deeprootsnursery.com>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 21:00:25 -0400

Sorry, I figured that would have been obvious.

I use 73% on most fern greenhouses, and 50% outdoors on certain hardy ferns,
Cyrtomium, Dryopteris etc.

I've also found, if you really NEED to have plants in a greenhouse in the
heat of summer, cooling the actual greenhouse structure helps.  A drip hose
run on top of the greenhouse can cool it significantly.  Most days May-Sept
the greenhouse pipe gets hot enough you could burn your hand on it.

Deep Roots Nursery