From:  [mailto: Cersgarden@aol.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 16:51:40 EDT
Subject: [CHAT] Richs storm

Rich, how bad is your storm at this point? What is predicted? We are
East (this <br>is always a bad indicator) but it is still warm enough to
be melting as it <br>hits the ground. Weatherman says between 5 - 12."
off <br>site garage last week and moved the lawn mower home. After
church today he <br>made a quick retrieval of the snow blower.<br> My
oldest granddaughter was scheduled for AllState Speech competition at
to go <br>this afternoon as it is a several hrs drive. It has been
canceled already <br>with no reschedule. What a disappointment for her
as she is a senior.<br> This adds to the earlier discussion about weird
weather. Record was set <br>last week with 87 deg weather & a snow storm
a few days later. We have set <br>more records this year

than one can believe. <br> This could pretty much take care of a lot of
plants. My Royal Star <br>Magnolia is in full glory. I wrapped a couple
small Jap maples, Daphna <br>'Carol Mackie", Magnolia Butterflies and
Cornus florida 'Cherokee Chief' <br>(minus all its buds by the deer) in
burlap as they are first winter <br>plantings. I had not cleaned the
beds as I reminded my self it was only <br>April.<br> I am scheduled to
give a container garden program tomorrow evening for a <br>garden club
south of Des Moines. If I can make the trip I am not sure the
us updated on your weather, please.<br> Ceres, Iowa zone

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com