From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Island Jim
Sent: Sunday, April 20, 2003 3:05 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net; gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] blooms on easter sunday

gardenias, purple spathoglottis ground orchids [pink ones have buds],
african iris, verbena, sugar apples and atemoya, and one of my philodendron
selloums has about six flower buds on it. never had one bloom before. the
buds suggests it will look a lot like a clumsy peace lily or calla lily.
but probably a lot uglier. caladiums are coming up everywhere [in the
nurseries, too], which is another sign we're heading into the wet season;
most of those we planted last year are back and i expect others to come
along also.

and, of course, most of the stuff what was blooming
earlier--bougainvilleas, turk's caps, white bird of paradise, plumbago,
allamandas, jatropha, mexican petunias, desert rose, crown of thorns,
philippine violets, gerberas, geraniums--are still blooming.

and it looks like the yellow clivia has set [and kept] three fruits. i did
nothing to help it, partly because i couldn't find my camel-hair brush [i
know it's here in the garage somewhere!].