RE: My dove is a bad...

Um-- Mine stays close to it all the time-- OK, my hanging pot anyways.
We had a bad wind storm last week and the pot must have dumped rocking
in the wind. 4 babies went splat on the deck. Momma was crying for three
days. My heart was broken watching her cry out in emotional pain, but
nothing I could do.:( She now left, but the other ones are still in
another hanging flower pot on the opposite side of the porch.

I don't think they are any messier than other birds. Actually, I think
the mourning doves are nicer to have around. They stay put and don't
panic every time you come around. The robins in the backyard are
currently dive bombing me.....