Re: Prunus abhirtella "Higan"

MOBOT states:
"Higan cherry is a medium sized deciduous tree growing to 40-50' tall. It is
a naturally occurring hybrid from Japan that generally features non-fragrant
pale pink to white flowers in spring, pea-sized blackish fruits in late
summer and ovate to lanceolate green leaves (to 3" long). This hybrid is
rarely sold in commerce, however. What is commonly sold in commerce under
the name of Higan cherry are several cultivars that grow 20-30' tall, the
most common of which is 'Autumnalis Rosea', which produces double pink
flowers in spring with a sparse additional fall bloom.

Woodlanders in NC carries Autumnalis, but oops!, just checked and they ended
their shipping season yesterday.  No matter, you said you wanted a larger
tree anyway.  Hmmm.....will have to keep looking.  If you want something
sizable though, check with a local tree nursery and see if they'd be willing
to order one in.

Froogle came up with one seller, for P.s.'Whitcomb', for, gee, only $700!

ah, found Autumnalis at Forest Farm, $29 for a 5-6 ft in a 5 gal contr.:

I also found a Greenwood Nursery in TN that offers bare root stock, though
it seems it's getting late for that for you:

Nice photo by chris Lindsey at

Good luck!