From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of gardenqueen@academicplanet.com
Sent: Saturday, April 03, 2004 8:00 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] peppers/butterflies/mosquitoes

Well lots of activity in the garden today.  Got all the peppers
&basil
in
the lasagna bed.  Planted a bunch of white verbena to replace the white
pansies
that are starting to fade.  Planted some lovely Persian Shield in a pot on
the
porch
which is gorgeous stuff!   Hummers are back according to Elaine, she's seen
one
already.  The tiger swallowtails and black swallowtails are back and
beautiful!
Only downside was, also got bit by the first mosquito of the season.
Started
spreading
the lava sand, did major weeding and watered all day since we didn't get the
rain
they were calling for - act surprised.  Got some goodies at the nursery for
folks
at work that Home Depot doesn't carry and dug up some more goodies here for
giveaways.
Had to slow down around seven when the back started to give me fits.  Hope
everyone
had fun at the flower show!

Pam Evans
Kemp, TX