RE: Re: Lots of questions...need help re lilies & peonies especially...

Thank you Kitty, Ceres, Donna, Rich, Marge and everyone else who pitched in
here for me.  I do so appreciate the time you took to give me good

I think what I will do is take about 1/2 of what is coming up now and if the
house will be sold before fall, ask the new owners if I can take half of
what is left (1/4) in the fall.  That way, I will have something here for
momma either way.  The peonies are at least 50+ years old--in mother's yard
alone.  I don't know how old the original root-stock was before the aunts
shared their plants with momma.  I'll bet those root systems are humongous!
I'll bring a grubbing hoe and two forks with the shovel, just in case.  Oh,
and burlap!  Where's the best place to pick up burlap?

The peonies have always been there in my memory and I remember the armloads
of blossoms mom would gather to take to the graveyard each year to remember
departed loved ones by.  When they begin growing here, I'll remember the all
the Aunts who gave mother starts and her holding armloads of very fragrant
beautiful blossoms.

It is O.K. if they miss blooming this year.  I have plenty of plants in the
landscape that are in bloom during that time of the spring, but then next
year when they blossom, I can load up an armload and give them to mother.
:>D  I can't tell you how excited I am that I can get some of them
transplanted here!  How wonderful!  Once they are well established, I'll be
calling gardening cousins across the U.S. to let them know I have them and
offer them a piece of their heritage, too--to be transplanted in the fall

Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)