RE: Re: Lots of questions...need help re lilies & peonies especially...

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: RE: Re: [CHAT] Lots of questions...need help re lilies & peonies especially...
  • From: "Melody" <mhobertm@excite.com>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 00:51:38 -0400 (EDT)

Bonnie: Offering those plants to your cousins is a grand idea...we have
a couple of plants like that in our yard now that came from my husband's
family...their original 1850's homestead was sold (by a second wife who
didn't get along with the family) to a stranger but a few years ago, one
of the cousins managed to buy it and bring it back into the family, so
one of them has taken a few clippings and propagated new stock for those
who want them...one of them is a wisteria and we have two of them in our
yard...Marty very lovingly tends these plants and I think they really
hold a special place for him.

Melody, IA (Z 5/4)

--Albert Einstein