From: Marge Talt [mailto: mtalt@hort.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 01:31:12 -0400
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Lots of questions...need help re lilies &  peoniesespecially...

> From: Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net><br>> Marge, this is why I prefer the
single flowers with thick stems -<br>no faces<br>> in the
of peonies is the huge<br>blowzy double scrumptious simply drop dead
gorgeous big fat<br>flowers:-) Absolutely nothing equals a vase full of
those for<br>pulchritudinous magnificence. I have a couple who, in
addition to<br>being all the above are very sweetly scented. Always try
to get at<br>least a couple in a vase on the stand next to my
bed.<br><br>I have one single and it, too gets whacked by our storms.
Now, IF,<br>of course, I ever managed to get my rear out there and get
the stakes<br>and string in BEFORE the plants bloomed, I could at least
keep the<br>flowers off the ground. I've made that goal maybe twice in
20 odd<br>years. It's one of those things...I pass the peonies;
say...gotta<br>get those stakes in...well, they're not that big; got a
bit of time<br>and before I know it that window has closed yet again.
One of the<br>lessons this gardener simply cannot learn, it
Gardening in
Article: Battling
Index of Articles by Category and
Suite101.com garden topics