Re: Bulls horn acacia

> From: James R. Fisher <garrideb@well.com>
> Seems to me that if it grew large enough and thickly enough
> and rigidly enough (lotsa 'nuffs) it would make a good deer
> fence ?

The rose or the acacia, Jim?  Sounds like a good idea tho' deer seem
to relish roses, thorns and all.  Now, that acacia might stop them if
it were hardy.  Before I embarked on my deer fence voyage, I toyed
with the idea of trying to plant a hedge of Poncirus trifoliate
(bitter orange or bitter lime), but realized it was an impossibility,
both for the number of plants I'd need and the fact that they do need
some sun and wouldn't do in the woods.  But, if that stops lions in
zoos, bet it would stop bambi:->

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Battling Bambi