From: Andrea H [mailto: hodgesaa@islc.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 20:40:13 -0400
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Rose labeling and Playboy

Kitty-I agree with Melody on the labeling. Also, if you had a marker
(sign)<br>large enough you could do a little explanation that there are
2 Peace roses,<br>one tea, one climber, just for info
purposes.<br><br>Melody-have you ever seen a Playboy rose? Absolutely,
truly, amazingly,<br>stunning. To me it makes Double Delight look dull.
I don't actually have<br>one, a friend does but we are trying to get
some cuttings going. My other<br>favorite is Climbing Joseph's
----- <br>From: "Melody" <mhobertm@excite.com><br>To:
<gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2004 1:29
would list it as: Rosa 'Peace' (climber). As you<br>> probably know,
roses are frequently sorted as hybrid teas, floribundas,<br>>
grandifloras, shrub, etc. with one of the categories being
climbers.<br>> Just out of curiosity, do you classify all the roses? So
that the<br>> regular Peace rose would read Rosa 'Peace' (hybrid tea)?
Wow--that is a<br>> tremendous amount of work. BTW, this is one of my
Melody, IA (Z 5/4)<br>><br>> "The most beautiful thing we can experience
Kitty < kmrsy@comcast.net > wrote:<br>> From: Kitty [mailto:
kmrsy@comcast.net]<br>> To: gardenchat@hort.net<br>> Date: Mon, 12 Apr
on the plant names list for our Display Gardens and need<br>>
some<br>help from the rosarians on the list.<br>One garden said they
are<br>> using Rosa 'Peace', a climbing rose. 'Peace' is<br>one that I
do know<br>> and it is a hybrid tea rose - a 4 footer. So I
googled<br>around and<br>> found there is a climbing version of this
same hybrid tea rose.<br>But<br>> it doesn't seem that anyone can agree
on the name or that<br>> everyone<br>agrees on one name to cover both
roses. I have found it<br>>

anyone<br>> know how this rose should be listed correctly
botanically<br>while still<br>> conveying that there is a difference
between the hybrid tea and<br>the<br>> hybrid tea climber that both use
the
http://www.excite.com<br>> The most personalized portal on the
Web!<br>><br>>

    http://www.hort.net/funds/<br><br>