Chat: eau de lalac/weather

Zem,
Thanks for the starts. Just wanted you to know they arrived yesterday. A
little limp & squashed but viable. Wonder where they got held up?
Waiting for the rain to quit so I can plant them. We were so dry that the
deeper than usual snow just soaked into the ground. Hoping we continue to
get significant rain the next month or so. This would be a good year to have
a cool rainy summer. A couple of my roses died back to almost ground level.
They are own root so should be OK. A beautiful yellow I moved last year is
coming back from the roots. It was moved last year & didn't thrive. I
suspect it was grafted, it came with the property. Penelope, a beautiful
pink, has buds already. Cherry is almost through blooming, dogwoods in full
flush, just in time for the dogwood festival. Last of the tulips & narcissis
are blooming.
We had a pipe break, so DH spent our anniversary down in a hole replacing
pipe, drilling holes into the basement etc. No water in the house for over
24 hours. Not the best anniversary we've ever spent, but he got it done last
night. And I got to spend a few hours outside. Worst of the rain held off
until he was done. Still have a big hole to fill, then I can replant that
bed. (Why do disasters always affect a different planting than the one that
needs attention?) My favorite nursery is set up in a parking lok for a few
months each spring. Local person, locally grown bedding plants, annuals,
perennials and reasonable prices. Discounts stuff that's getting overgrown &
great sale of leftovers at the end.
OOps this is getting long and the rain stopped. Happy gardening
Judy B
z 5 Idaho

Judy B