Re: Weather

Very interesting leaves, Kitty. One assumes that, like other violets, it's a shade baby so holds its leaf color well. Would make an interesting ground cover, I think. Do you know if it spreads by any means other than seed? Twenty pazoolas seems kind of dear unless it's a propagation problem child.

On Wednesday, April 21, 2004, at 05:20 PM, Kitty wrote:

Note: the photo of the violet has the word "Pulmonaires" below it.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 4:08 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Weather

We've been having thunderstorms and last night a tornado warning, but
nothing serious. today managed to make a trip to a nursery about 30 min
away that carries the largest selection around. Picked up 1 hydrangea
Endless Summer, 1 Diablo Ninebark, 3 Viburnum Onondaga, 3 Juniper gold
cone
for the Display Gardens.
Sort of fell in love with a wonderful violet there, Viola 'Mars'. Didn't
look like any violet I'd ever seen:
http://www.aspeco.net/francais/ombre.html
(scroll to a bit lower than half page)
...but I didn't get it. I know I have to make another trip out there for
Forest Pansy Redbud and some Buddleias, so I'll wait, but hope I can fight
the temptation then, too - it was $20.

Kitty

----- Original Message ----- From: <Zemuly@aol.com> To: <gardenchat@hort.net> Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 12:40 PM Subject: [CHAT] Weather

I heard about Indiana's tornadoes this morning. Hope everybody on the
list
is safe. I'm also hoping we don't get any twirlies today. Heavy
thunderstorms
with the possibility of severe weather are forecast for this afternoon
and
tonight. Spring is my favorite season, but I could definitely do
without
the
storms.

zem