Re: today in zone 7

In a message dated 04/10/2005 10:28:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
gossiper@sbcglobal.net writes:
So what award are you getting tomorrow?
Donna, you did ask.  Today my club of 12 active members picked up a National
Garden Club award for the Petite Standard Flower Show
(that's all miniature and small designs and all miniature or dwarf
horticulture) we put on in 2003, and another NGC Certificate of
Appreciation "for furthering the goals and objectives of NGC through
participation in the National awards program."
At the State level, we took a 1st award for our Standard Flower
Show (full size this time) we put on last summer, 2004.  The Schedule
for that show also took a first, but we only got a 2nd place Excellence
in Horticulture Citation.  One of our members took the Flower Arranger
of the Year Award, and my newsletter took a 1st place Club Publication
Award.  My DH accepted a CARE citation for the largest increase in
District Contributions, as he is the District Chairman for World
Gardening.  At the District level,  another member took the
award for Best Miniature Design in a Club Standard Show for her
design in last summer's show.  And still another member received
the State Award of Honor "presented to an individual in recognition
of the outstanding contributions made to club and community."
All in all, we were feeling pretty good about ourselves.