Re: Beans talk - dogs

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] Beans talk - dogs
  • From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" 4042N15@nationalhearing.com
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 09:55:14 -0600

OK, as long as you're on this subject of dogs and we have several dog lovers
and many who know what dogs need....
I've been puzzled for years now about a house I pass on the way to work.
It's a farm house built close to the road.  The house is positioned on the
edge of an incline such that the sude yard is downhill and the house/yard
area which is about 60 ft by 40 ft is surrounded by chain link fence.  There
is NO grass, everything is covered in rocks about the size of a childs fist
and larger and I just saw them spreading a new layer of rock with a bobcat.
These people have 2 or 3 medium size dogs - the kind that look big because
of all the fur and have a curly tail (is that a spitz?)  They lay outside on
the porch or sidewalk much of the day.  OK - here's the question:  Isn't all
that rock hard on their feet? uncomfortable to walk on or lay on?  How do
you clean up poop on rock?  Why do you think they do this?

Kitty