Re: Fwd: Hofstra show

Thanks, Kitty.  It is standard practice to write one Section for Herbaceous
Perennials, and another Section for Bulbs, Corms and Tubers.
The person who wrote this said there wouldn't be much in the way of
herbaceous perennials at this time of the year, so she thought that
if she put them all together and made an "any other" class she would
be covered.  Personally, I think it was a pretty sloppy way to handle
it, but this person is a noted expert, so who am I to say.  The only
thing is that I am on the evaluating panel for the show's application
for awards, and since I am the state's Horticulture Schools Chm.,
the panel expects me to know such answers.  I just didn't want to
stick my neck out and make a stupid error if the rest of the world
thought bulbs were obviously herbaceous perennials.
Auralie

In a message dated 04/20/2005 10:31:57 AM Eastern Daylight Time,