Re: blue heron fiasco

I don't think anybody thinks anymore. Seems to me every 'official' act is considered based on the hypothetical lawsuit(s) that might be filed as a result of any decision made. IMHO that is a ridiculous way to handle problems.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" <4042N15@nationalhearing.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 11:11 AM
Subject: [CHAT] blue heron fiasco

I'm not sure what is wrong with the folks around here. Everything is always
someone else's problem.
A locla column today wrote about a lttle boy who saw a great blue heron
hanging upside down in a cottonwood tree, trying to get untangled. They
called animal control, the fire department, the DNR, all of which said they
couldn't do anything. After 6 hrs the bird was bloody from the high winds
and its efforts to get loose so DNR authorized shooting it - if anyone
happened to have a gun, which finally someone found. Unfortunately, the
carcass is still hanging there. They said someone finally called a tree
service the next day, hoping they can get it down.

I'm not sure what should be done, but don't you think the second largest
county in Indiana should have some plan in place for such problems?