Re: blue heron fiasco

What was it tangled in? I agree with Donna, that it would be dangerous for an untrained "rescuer" to approach a bird of that size and beak. It is a shame that there was no one among the vets in the area who couldn't attempt a rescue. We have a raptor rehab center here in Quincy, and they have always been willing to pitch in on other birds - last year they took in a loon (they still can't figure how it got to the central Mississippi valley...)
Cathy