From:  [mailto: Aplfgcnys@aol.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 09:03:09 EDT
Subject: Re: [CHAT] ok- this is just unbelievable

Melody, the Donald Stokes book on Bird Behavior says that<br>doves
sometimes (rarely) nest on the ground. Ground-nesters<br>are common
among shore birds and in arctic areas - not too<br>many trees in those
locations. Certain other birds, notably<br>Quail and Northern Harriers
regularly nest on the ground in<br>open fields. Just like people, you
message dated 04/25/2005 10:55:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
wrote:<br>> >> Our garden is home to a returning set of mourning<br>> >>
doves as well...on the<br>> >> ground in the middle of my daffodils,
right under<br>> >> the cherry<br>> >> tree...there is a pair that
returns to nest in the<br>> >> same spot there every<br>> >> year. Is
this unusual for birds to nest on the<br>> >>
text UNSUBSCRIBE GARDENCHAT<br><br>