Re: Cats, so...

Hi Jim! Sounds like a good plan. Beans probably doesn't want to share
the rugs anyway (to say nothing of how Ms. Fatma might feel about that
<big grin>)

Hi, Libby.

I found a piece of chick wire [aka poultry netting] and sort of put a
fence around the trunk. It's high enough--2 feet--to protect the frond
boot, so I think that will work. I intend to leave it in place until
that frond is history, maybe a year.

By that time the culprit will have been hit by a car [it lives across
the street] or something.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W