From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Christopher P. Lindsey
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 3:26 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Trilliums ?

> That works but the kitchen mulch attracts the worms, especially the
> coffee grinds and the "soft" stuff.  The worms help to break up the soil.

I put all of that into the compost pile and turn it in, then theoretically
spread that around my other plants.

What I really need to do is redo some of my beds.  They've become compacted
over time and Romeo makes a mess out of them.  I'd like to convert them all
into raised beds, especially since I'm excavating a patio.

Chris