Re: Weekend

You all made me tired just reading what you've accomplished. I'm impressed. I worked at the nursery from 10-4 on Saturday and we were swamped! Then on Sunday I repotted lots of things around the house but spent most of the day watering. It hasn't rained in weeks and everything is so dry that nothing is coming out of dormancy quickly. Keeping my fingers crossed for rain this week. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Theresa W" <tchessie1@sbcglobal.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 11:54 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Weekend

Well- the roofing company was here at 7 am sharp and ripped the entire roof off within 45 minutes. AND they were so neat! Very little stuff fell to the ground and they swept up and carefully picked through the garden to get any stray roofing bits. They nailed on the OSB and delivered the shingles,ridge vent, felt paper, etc- all ready to install tomorrow and the gutters go up too! They should be done with everything in a couple of days. Yeah!

Theresa

james singer wrote:
Not to mention a fire hazard. We replaced ours a year or so ago with composition. If we'd had the money, I would have opted for one of the new "tin" rooves.