To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 9:17 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] More pet Recals

Maybe we ought to have steep tariffs on the Chinese wheat gluten and other
things that come into this country so that it will be profitable to make the
stuff here. ....

Eva

If I understand this correctly, the contaminated ingredient all comes from
China.  Is there some reason wheat gluten is so much cheaper in China -
cheaper enough to pay overseas shipping to boot - that it can't be
produced
on this continent? What controls are in place? What sort of inspections?

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5