Re: unseasonable cold front

After more than a week in the 70's and 80's, we're supposed to break a 121 year old cold record with temps in the twenties. I surely hope they're wrong. I've got a Hydrangea that's leafed out and been frozen back 4 times already. The last time, several branches didn't come back at all. One more and I don't think it will make it, and that Hydrangea is 30+ years old.

Other plants are covered as well as I can, but the wind is too strong to hold things in place. If it wasn't supposed to be so cold, I'd welcome the wind to keep the air stirred up and prevent frost from forming. As it is, I think a lot of plants will be toast.

Daryl, just North of Atlanta

What is w/ this weather? I've been wearing shorts every evening this week until tonight and now I look at the forecast and we are supposed to get rain
and snow showers Saturday night??  In April?  Snow showers?  What the
heck?   I checked the weather for Claremore and it says it's 33 degrees
there now?  It's in the 50's here but fixin' to drop tonight.  I don't get
this at all. Thank goodness I hadn't put the heaters up yet or reversed the
ceiling fans.

Pam Evans
Kemp TX
zone 8A