Re: Could have been worse

Glad to hear you are going to be OK. But Ouch.......A
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2007 7:29 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Could have been worse

Not a lot of gardening got done over the weekend. Sunday was forecasted to be windy & drizzly, so husband and I took the horses out for what was supposed to
be a nice ride Saturday morning. About 15 minutes into it, I suggested to
horse that we might try a nice canter. He took off at a dead run, straight for
a huge juniper, and I fell off. At speed. It's a damn good thing I wear a
helmet. Much drama ensued but I eventually managed to walk back to the trailer
and I've been on the couch pretty much since, with a visit to the dr this
morning - I didn't break anything (sigh of relief). Pretty much everything
related to my butt hurts, my sunglasses had a contest with my nose (the
glasses won), I have a big lump on my forehead despite the helmet, and one
hand is black & blue. It was almost entirely my fault and I've learned a
lesson - that could have been so much worse.
On the plus side, my husband went out and bought a helmet for himself!
So anyway, that took care of Saturday. Sunday turned nasty just as forecast,
but I did manage to totter out to the greenhouse and transplant a few more
peppers into bigger pots. I haven't looked at the veggie garden since Thursday after work! It's probably safe to replant the tomatoes that got frosted, but I
won't put the peppers out until first week in May I think. Husband caught
another ground squirrel and has seen a rabbit lurking inside the veggie garden under the rosemary bush. My green beans need replanting, I have no idea what's going on underneath the cover for the peas or the soybeans, the onions look fine. My roses are looking pretty nice and I've made my first batch of rose "tea", to make jelly with later. I think I could manage to do some deadheading
out there tomorrow; I'm not going to try going into work for another day.

Cyndi