Fw: Voluntary Recall of Beaver and Turkey Canned Diets

From my friend Louise. Somehow I never figure Beaver as part of dog food.

Canine Caviar is voluntarily recalling less than 1500 cans in circulation
nationally (not cases) and expects to have this collected within 48 hours of
April 27, 2007. This unexpected situation is due to the fact that our canned
food co-packer was using ingredients that were not authorized by Canine
Caviar.

We are voluntarily recalling the following three can SKU's:

13.2 oz Gourmet Turkey - UPC 674555222134
13.2 oz Gourmet Beaver - UPC 674555221328
5.5 oz Gourmet Beaver - UPC 674555221557

dated best by Aug 21, 08 or later

All of the Gourmet Duck and Venison Tripe in the 13.2 oz cans are made to
our standards, do not contain grains and are not part of this voluntary
recall.

During the next few weeks, Canine Caviar will be out of stock on these three
cans and recommends using the canned duck or venison tripe.

CANINE CAVIAR'S DRY FOODS, TREATS OR SUPPLEMENTS ARE NOT AFFECTED BY THE
RECALL.  THESE PRODUCTS ARE PACKED AT A DIFFERENT FACILITY.  WE HAVE WRITTEN
DOCUMTATION PROVING THESE PRODUCTS ARE MANUFACTURED TO OUR STANDARDS.

We apologize and have taken steps to increase quality control to ensure this
does not happen in the future, we are demanding production records from all
or our co-packers for all of our formulas before they are shipped to us. We
have reviewed all of our other products and determined that they are free of
any unauthorized ingredients.

There have been no illnesses reported related to feeding these formulas,
however, to comply with the American Nutrition recall of the two products,
we are voluntarily pulling all dates and batches of these two formulas.

Please return all cans of turkey and beaver to your store for a full refund.

Please email Canine Caviar at info@caninecaviar.com for free dry food and
treat coupons for this inconvenience.

Respectfully,

Jeff Baker