Fw: American Nutrition, Inc. Issues Voluntary Recall

A day late and a dollar short... And in light of what the other companies have
said about AmNutrition's  "tampering", very interesting.

BTW, If ya'll are tired of me posting these, I'll quit. Some have said they
welcome the info, but I know that a lot of you are gardeners and not pet
people.

American Nutrition, Inc. Issues Voluntary Recall
Contact:
Bill Behnken, 801.394.3477, bill@amnutrition.com
Naomi Keller, 801.554.0023, naomi@amnutrition.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE -- April 26, 2007 -- The Denver office of the FDA
informed American Nutrition, Inc. today that certain samples of rice protein
shipped to its production facility have been contaminated with melamine, an
industrial chemical used to make plastics and fertilizers that may be harmful
to animals if consumed. The rice protein in question was obtained from San
Francisco-based Wilbur-Ellis Company.

The FDA is investigating the use of rice protein, an ingredient found in a
number of canned pet food products and baked pet food treats to fortify
protein levels, after a portion of Wilbur-Ellis' rice protein supply was found
to be contaminated with melamine. American Nutrition immediately discontinued
the use of rice protein after learning of the melamine contamination.

The FDA has urged American Nutrition to issue a voluntary recall of pet foods
manufactured using Wilbur-Ellis rice protein. None of these products is sold
under an American Nutrition brand, but are sold through other independent
companies. No American Nutrition brands or other products they manufacture for
other businesses are affected by this recall.

The products subject to this recall are as follows:

CANNED CAT FOOD
Blue Buffalo Spa Select Hairball Control Oven Roasted Chicken 3oz AUG 21 09
APR 15 10
Blue Buffalo Spa Select Kitten Recipe Oven Roasted Chicken 3oz AUG 21 09 APR
15 10
Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul Kitten Formula 5.5oz 15 AUG 08 15 APR
09
Harmony Farms Country Chicken Entrie 3oz AUG 21 09 APR 15 10
Natural Balance Ocean Fish Formula 3oz and 6 oz AUG 21 09 APR 15 10

CANNED DOG FOOD
Blue Buffalo Beef Dinner 12.5oz AUG 21 09 APR 15 10
Blue Buffalo Chicken Dinner 12.5oz AUG 21 09 APR 15 10
Blue Buffalo Hearty Venison Dinner 12.5oz AUG 21 09 APR 15 10
Blue Buffalo Lamb Dinner 12.5oz AUG 21 09 APR 15 10
Blue Buffalo Salmon Dinner 12.5oz AUG 21 09 APR 15 10
Blue Buffalo Turkey Meatloaf Dinner 12.5oz AUG 21 09 APR 15 10
Canine Caviar Gourmet Beaver 13.2oz AUG 21 08 APR 15 09
Canine Caviar Gourmet Turkey 13.2oz AUG 21 08 APR 15 09
Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul Puppy Formula 13oz 21 AUG 08 15 APR 09
Diamond Lamb & Rice 13oz 21 AUG 09 15 APR 10
Harmony Farms Beef 12.5oz AUG 21 09 APR 15 10
Harmony Farms Chicken 12.5oz AUG 21 09 APR 15 10
Harmony Farms Lamb 12.5oz AUG 21 09 APR 15 10
Harmony Farms Salmon 12.5oz AUG 21 09 APR 15 10
Kirkland Signature Premium Dog 2-Flavor Variety Pack 14oz (24-pack) AUG 21 08
APR 15 09
Mulligan Stew Chicken 13.2oz AUG 21 09 APR 15 10
Mulligan Stew Turkey 13.2oz AUG 21 09 APR 15 10
Natural Balance Beef Formula 13oz AUG 21 09 APR 15 10
Natural Balance Chicken Formula 13oz AUG 21 09 APR 15 10
Natural Balance Lamb Formula 13oz AUG 21 09 APR 15 10
Natural Balance Venison & Brown Rice 13oz AUG 21 09 APR 15 10

BAKED DOG TREATS
Natural Balance Venison & Brown Rice Formula Baked Dog Treats 14oz AUG 21 07
APR 15 08
Blue Buffalo Health Bars Baked With Apples & Yogurt Dog Treats 20oz AUG 21 07
APR 15 08

Pet owners who purchased these pet foods should immediately discontinue using
the products and return unused portions to the place of purchase for a full
refund.

These products represent a small percentage of those manufactured by American
Nutrition. To reiterate, no American Nutrition brands or other products
manufactured for other businesses are affected by this recall.

We at American Nutrition care immensely about the quality of the products we
manufacture and the health of the pets that consume them. We want to express
our deep concern over this situation. Feeding pets has been our business and
passion for more than 35 years. We take that responsibility seriously and are
very proud of what we do and how we do it. We will continue to work closely
with the FDA in their ongoing investigation.

For more information, we encourage you to visit the FDA website: www.fda.gov.
Consumers with additional questions can contact us by calling 1.800.257.4530
or by e:mailing us at feedback@amnutrition.com or by visiting
www.americannutritioninc.com.

####

FDA's Recalls, Market Withdrawals and Safety Alerts Page:
http://www.fda.gov/opacom/7alerts.html

https://list.nih.gov/archives/fda-recalls-l.html