Re: Summertime...

It stormed here all day and after making a trip to Hilton Head I came home a literally slept on the couch all day-just crashed. Must have needed it but now I'm awake of course. Tomorrow is my yard day. I haven't started potting any of my plants up till I find out if I get the loan, but there are still many things I need to do regardless. Looking forward to tomorrow.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Theresa G." <macycat3@sbcglobal.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, April 05, 2008 10:37 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Summertime...

Still Spring here- high of 70 today- gorgeous!
Mowed the lawn, planted the random plants from the SF flower show and Annie's Annuals finally (lost 2 to the damn snails in the wait- rats!). But now everything is in. Only dug up 3 existing plants and managed to squeeze the other new plants in every nook and cranny possible. My lilac is fully open- smells heavenly! Also dug out most (hopefully) of the corms? of the butterfly iris that I've been trying to get rid of for a month now. I keep digging more and more stuff out and it keeps coming back. What a pain. I hate that plants- looks nice only briefly while blooming and then looks ratty all of the rest of the time. Some day it will be gone (then I have 2 more smaller ones to still dig up).
Happy gardening all : )

james singer wrote:
and the livin' is easy. Maybe. But whatever. It seems to have suddenly arrived, easy or not. It's been in the low 80s for a week or so and the forecast is for it to remain so for the foreseeable future. Lots of stuff is blooming, but there always is here--orchids, begonias, petrea, jatropha, on and on.

I just saw an interview with the guy that established the Honest T company. It raised a question for me--since tea is the dried leaf of a camellia species, I wonder if I'll be able to grow one in Oregon. I tried here a couple of times and couldn't, too warm. Might be fun to really do it.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.1 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10