Re: OT- Painting

A decorative strip around the edge of the ceiling would cover the unevenness & can be painted before it's put up, then dab paint over the nails or staples. If it must be paint, how about a faux coffered ceiling? ----- Original Message ----- From: "Donna" <gossiper@sbcglobal.net>
To: "gardenchat list" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, April 06, 2008 2:11 PM
Subject: [CHAT] OT- Painting

Ok, who is a painter here?? Anyone?

 I got this idea to paint the ceiling one color, certain walls
another, and the balance of the walls yet another color in my front
room/dinning room which are basically all one.

 Someone should have slapped me when I decided to do this!  Seems
neither of us are painters when it comes to this.  DH tried first to free
hand the edge... that didn't work.  I tried taping and using an edger.
 Jury still out on that till I take the tape off, but chances are that
didn't work either.  Part of the problem (besides the inability to do
this) is that the walls are not square!

 If you follow the crease of the ceiling wall, it isn't straight.  So
is better to leave an edge down the wall or on the ceiling? But then,
thinking a straight line with uneven crease will probably not look good

 And those edgers.... geesh, left a ridge that neither of us noticed
till it was too late... so tomorrow, I am going to sand it off, try
painting again....as it all needs a second coat anyways....

Checked by AVG.