From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Theresa G.
Sent: Sunday, April 06, 2008 7:25 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] OT- Painting

Ok Donna- first breathe! Then go get a glass of wine.  The reality is
that if you look closely, the lines of wall corners or wall to ceiling
are almost never straight.  AND the paint job isn't perfect either.
You'd be amazed what you don't notice unless you are doing it yourself,
up close and personal.  Just make it a straight as you can and move on
with life.  I can assure you the lines in my house are not straight nor
is my painting perfect.  But really, even I don't notice it anymore.
I usually do tape it off and paint, but then I end up going back and
touching it up free hand with a smallish (1") angled brush after I rip
the tape off.  The newer the brush, the crisper the edge, and easier it
is to do free-hand.  Because my house (like most track-homes) has that
stupid textured wallboard on it, the tape thing isn't perfect as some
paint always leaks underneath.