Re: climbing rose

I too like the Lady Banks, but have found that in warm climates it gets
extremely rampant and hard to control.  Many here consider it to be a pest
because of it, unfortunately.  The other negative about this rose is that  it only
blooms in the spring....although beautiful when it does.
I agree totally about the Fairy Climber.  It does bloom non-stop, even  in
the heat of the summer, and the cold of our winters.  It is also very
manageable.  I grow mine on a trellis with no problems, although I do have  to trim it
somewhat.....but not nearly as much as the Lady Banks.....and have  noticed
that I get more roses, the more I prune it.  Hardly any black spot  or disease
at all....so great for humid areas too.
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 4/7/2008 9:40:42 AM Central Daylight Time,