From: Chris Petersen <chris@widom-assoc.com>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Tuesday, April 8, 2008 8:31:09 PM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] climbing rose

I haven't had time to do more than scan posts lately, but I put some images
into a "gardenchat" folder on my Shutterfly site.  I love salvias and
agastache.  Salvia 'Black and Blue' does not reliably come back here in NY.
S. 'Caradonna' is a good choice here for all season bloom.  I love the shrub
rose 'Bonica'.  I have R. 'The Fairy' as well and dug it up to bare root,
divided it and replanted it (not right away) and it reestablished and
bloomed. It's tough! Don't plant 'New Dawn Climber' - it gets huge and
unmanageable in my opinion. I've planted small flowered clematis with my
roses.  I like the look.

Chris Petersen
Northport, Long Island, New York
Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)