Re: Weather

9 inches.... that is way too much! Are we suppose to get a freeze tonight? I wanted to go out and plant my tomatoes that I have had for a couple of weeks now. It is so cold and WINDY... that I can't make my self go out there.
Can you throw sheets and blankets over things?
I see people put plastic but I have read that plastic is not good for protection. What do you think? ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jesse Bell" <silverhawk@flash.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2008 2:59 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Weather

Hey, I hear ya....I just went outside and wrapped some mini Christmas
lights on one of my rose of sharon trees (small) so the freeze tonight
won't kill it back...and wrapped them around my herbs that I have
already planted outside, hoping it will help. So tired of this cold
weather....and RAIN. We got 9 inches of rain this last week. Water
leaked into our house and we had to get somebody out to fix it
yesterday. Ughhhh.