Re: The taxonomists are at it again!

In a message dated 08/06/2003 6:40:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Zemuly@aol.com writes:

> Just got my new issue of "Fine Gardening" and read the article on Joe Pye
> Weed.  Seems E. coelestinum is now Conoclinium coelestinum, which is just
> about
> unpronounceable (?) for me, and E. rugosum is now Ageratina altissima.  Now
> had only recently learned the names of my "hardy ageratum" and my E. rugosum
> 'Chocolate' and was delighted at the fact I had four cultivars, as I also
> have
> E. maculatum and E. purpureum.  I know renaming plants keeps these people
> busy
> and that on some level it's a useful vocation, but it sure plays havoc with
> this aging brain!

They did change Chrysanthemum back, so maybe if we make enough noise about
it, this will revert too.  Where can we send protest letters.  I've been telling
people their 'hardy ageratum' wasn't ageratum but eupatorium for years.
Don't want to have to change now - feel too foolish.  Auralie