From: "Larry and Martha" <swissko@nb.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Subject: Re: [CHAT] which list is which
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 22:02:24 -0000

I've been lurking some, mostly deleting messages, just too busy right now to
join in much. Right now I am enjoying an especially pleasing combination of
eryngium, aesclepias, purple coneflower, and bee balm in one corner of my
garden. My veggie garden is overwhelmed with early blight and bacterial
wilt, although this is the first year I've not had bean beetles (knock
wood). The tomatoes aren't ripening very fast, and we've had some corn.
Tonight I noticed a million bugs on the leaves of my new red oak tree--there
must have been a dozen on every leaf. I've looked through all my books and
done a google search and can come up with no idea of what this bug is.
Doesn't look like they're doing much damage, so I am hopeful they are just
passing through. Any ideas?