Re: Tiger Lily

This is why I asked about the safety of her HYBRID Tiger Lily.  Lilium
lancifolium, THE tiger Lily, is a tough one.  It can withstand so many viruses
that other lilies can't deal with.  Since it can withstand them with no obvious
repercussions it ends up being a possible carrier, as you said.  It is usually
suggested therefore that they not be planted within 100 to 150 feet of other
lilies.  Since hers is a hybrid, as most garden lilies are, I wondered if it
had a reduced ability to handle viruses.  If it is less able to deal with
viruses, then perhaps it is safer to plant among other lilies.  I plan to spend
a little more time checking this out now that she's supplied the name.  Will
let you know if I find anything.