Re: fennel, dill, parsley, and butterflies, etc

Rarely if ever spray pesticide. If I do, it is to save a plant obviously in extremis. And when I do it is specific to the plant in question. So I doubt that is the reason. Oh were it that simple!
Cathy
On Thursday, August 7, 2003, at 09:28 PM, Pamela J. Evans wrote:

Cathy - are you all organic?? If not, something you are spraying may be a problem...

From: cathy carpenter <cathyc@rnet.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 20:49:19 -0500

Speaking of attracting butterflies, I have noted fewer than usual in my
gardens, and even less larvae, despite my usual plethora of host
plants. Any ideas on what gives?
Cathy

On Thursday, August 7, 2003, at 06:33 AM, Gene Bush wrote:

Hello Fran,
I do not grow bronze fennel, but my wife does in her raised beds.
It is
grown for butterfly larva. They strip it each year in spring. Also
grows
dill for the same purpose. We also grow parsley someone mentioned, but
we
probably eat it before anything can get on it and stay. I have heard
her
talk about her plants... she warns everyone how both the dill and the
fennel
seed all over the place.
Beyond that, I would have to go ask her for any details. I just
though
others would know a lot more than I on this subject, so no reply.
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com
genebush@munchkinnursery.com