Re: Heuchera Division

on 8/13/03 1:41 PM, kmrsy@comcast.net wrote:

dug and reset - Heuchera

I've dug mine up (Coral Bells) & gently pulled them apart. Some were large
clumps & I cut them apart with a knife Or split them with a trowel. At the
same time I look for any roots that may be dead & clean up the divisions.
It's easier to do this rather than take the long way to get a plant from
cuttings, which I never tried.
If you wait longer than 3 yrs., they can get to huge clumps & they do tend
to push up hence drying fast in hot weather. They do take dry conditions
quite well. They don't do as well if ground covers have a chance to grow
into / cover them/ Sort of smothers them. I have some in Cotoneaster ground
cover. Need to periodically get in & cut out the runners.

On this note, I'm looking forward for the visit from Melody & her family on
this Sat. & Judy B. to come next week, Tues. It will be gr888 to see them.
We're having FANTASTIC weather. Stay tuned.

Tony Veca <><
Another Gr888 Day in Paradise !!!!!
Vancouver, WA  USA