Re: symphytum

> From: Chris <chris@widom-assoc.com>
> Marge,
> What a terrific article on symphytums!   I have added a few to my
> list!  I think my unknown gift plant is probably Symphytum
tuberosum as
> it stays low and has yellow flowers.  I'll have to confirm its ID
> it blooms next year.

Thank you, Chris - glad you enjoyed it.  Now, I think you're lucky to
have S. tuberosum...it doesn't seem to be all that common this side
of the pond except up New England way.  I've never seen it for sale
around here nor online, for that matter, tho' it may be at a nursery
I don't know, or I missed it at one I do know:-)  Given that you're
in NY, it very well could be, since you're close to New England...may
be more easily found up your way.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :